The www.localartandcrafts.co.uk website is owned and operated by York Place Gallery
By registering with this site, Sellers warrant that all images and information supplied by you on this website is true, accurate, current and complete. You will inform Localartandcrafts.co.uk promptly when any of your work is sold.
By acknowledging these Terms and Conditions you agree that www.localartandcrafts.co.uk (we) can use images of your work in advertising material, social media, local press and other reasonable means to promote you and localartandcrafts.co.uk.
Copyright is retained by the artist when you purchase their work. Any reproduction without the express permission of the artist is a breach of copyright law.
All of the information you provide is used to help us to operate and improve the service we offer. We will use this information only:
- To facilitate orders from contributors to www.localartandcrafts.co.uk
- To enhance the service we offer by analysing customers’ shopping habits and to gauge the success of marketing strategies
- To administer the website
- To promote the website and its sellers.
- We may make your e mail address available to companies to provide you with information about www.localartandcrafts.co.uk : such as newsletter, features, events, mailshots.
Our Sellers are governed by the same legislation as us. However, we are not responsible or guarantee that the privacy policies of any Seller complies with date protection legislation. We are not responsible for any damages which you or others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
PURCHASES AND PAYMENT
It is the responsibility of the Seller to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of items appearing on the Site are current and up to date.
We cannot give any undertaking that goods and/or services you purchase from Sellers through the Site will be of satisfactory quality, and this and any other such warranties (whether express or implied) are disclaimed by us absolutely to the fullest extent permitted by law. This disclaimer does not affect your statutory rights against the Seller.
Payment is made through our online store. We accept secure banking payments via Paypal, Mastercard, Visa. You can also pay by cheque or electronic transfer. We will provide you with an invoice detailing price and delivery charges. Payment is required before dispatch of your order. No order will be deemed to be accepted by the Seller until we (acting as a commercial agent of the Seller) issue an email acknowledgement of order. Prices do not include VAT or any other sales taxes.
It is the responsibility of the Seller to arrange delivery of sold items within a reasonable time and that the item is adequately packaged. The Seller agrees that purchased items will be posted within 3-14 days of localartandcrafts.co.uk receiving payment for the purchased goods.
Eg: Standard Delivery of small items – Royal Mail delivers cards, prints, photographs, gift vouchers, small packets within 3 days of purchase.
Any returns or refunds will be made by the Seller.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, we disclaim responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of any part of the Service.
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse the Site by introducing viruses, worms, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site. By breaching this provision you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
The site provides links to other websites for information. If you decide to access any of these websites you do so entirely at your own risk. We accept no responsibility for third party websites or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We welcome any comments about our website; please contact us. Feedback relating to a particular Seller, goods or services must be directed to the Seller concerned, through the contact details provided when your order is processed.
Hi. This file tells you about our privacy and security policy. It outlines the information we automatically collect, how we use, disclose and otherwise manage this information and the choices you have to restrict the usage of this information..
Essential information we collect
When you access our website we might automatically capture some information about your device, such as your IP address and information related to your visit to the site. This might include the time you visited, the last page or product you visited. This helps us and you when we:
- Remember who you are after you log in so that you do not need to authenticate at each click;
- Monitor if our website is running with the high performance we are dedicated to providing;
- Let you browse between products without having to start back from the home page at each click;
- Remember if you put something in your shopping cart before you decide to checkout; and
- Control that your data is processed securely.
We provide access to your personal information only to those employed by www.localactandcrafts.co.uk
When you order from our website
Our Website uses a shopify-e-commerce platform. This means that when you purchase something online our information is stored within a secure and fully PCI compliant with third party site. Your debit or credit card or PayPal information is not retained.
We will also collect this information when you sign up to receive newsletters or request e-mail replies. E mails are stored on a secure network programme which we use to send you regular updates from Localartandcrafts.co.uk.
Cookies are pieces of information that your browser stores on your computer’s hard drive which identify you when you enter. The ability to select samples on our site is not cookie-driven. We may use session cookies to provide a seamless experience on the site and to combine with our log files so that we can understand our site traffic and analyse our demographic information in aggregate form. If you have set your browser to reject cookies, our site will not identify you when you enter and you will need to manually type in your ID and password. If you do not wish to have cookies on your system you an disable them.
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters, or submit your email address specifically for the purpose of receiving our newsletter.
Other uses of personal data
You can visit out website without telling us who you are, but if you buy something from our store, we will need more specific information about you. To fully process your order and ship the merchandise you selected, we need your personal data such as your first and last name, your email address, your shipping and billing address and telephone number.
- For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees and so on.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
How do we process your information?
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers.
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you.
- Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites.
- Payment: Our store is PCI-DSS compliant (a very strict industry standard with requirements for the security of credit card information), but we want to use accredited companies to process your credit card information.
- Shipping: We integrate with a number of shipping companies to fulfil your orders. In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you order an item from us, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
Partnering with highly specialized external companies allows us to focus on what we do best: selling great products.
How can you control your personal data?
If you are one of our customers who is in the EU, and we are specifically selling our products to the Member State where you are located, you have specific rights that we are honoured to enforce without undue delay: Access, Correct, Erasure, Port, Object. If you cannot exercise your choice on your account page or if you do not have an account with us, please reach out to us, at the contact details at the bottom of this page. We will be more than happy to help.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your data for as long as you have an account with us. We also keep some data for security investigation. Most importantly, we
Do we have any legal obligations when handling your data?
Many. We might need to share your personal information to comply with applicable legal obligations. If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting us to law enforcement
Please contact us if you have any queries about our Privacy and Security Policy, how we treat your personal information or to unsubscribe from an email or other marketing list. You can email us at email@example.com or write to us at 3 York Place, Hartlepool, Cleveland, TS24 0QR, UK